Patch Notes - Patch 43
Patch notes for Patch 43. Our sincerest apologies for the late post of the patch notes, we will keep updating them from now on!
Developer Note: This patch significantly improves performance for low-end machines running with the Potato quality setting. If you use that setting, please give us feedback on how well it is working!
We also have a new UI panel that displays recent Shardbound news. Our goal is to bring more visibility to what’s happening in the game and our community. Expect the content here to update on a regular basis.
- Quillblade now has art!
- Requisitions Order
- Efficiency Focus cost reduction reduced to 1, down from 2.
- Defensive Focus health increase reduced to 3, down from 4.
- Rift Trickster
- Stats changed to 4/5, from 5/4.
- Gravity Surge
- Damage dealt increased to 3, up from 2.
- Lightspear Justicar
- Health reduced to 4, down from 5.
- Master of Faces
- Cost increased to 6, up from 5.
- Grave Lotus
- Health reduced to 8, down from 9.
New Feature: News
- The overworld now has a new panel on the left that will be updated with recent Shardbound related news. We expect to use this feature to share patch notes, developer streams, and other Shardbound special events.
- The news panel will show a red emblem when there are new items to read.
- All maps have updated lighting, post-process settings, and other tweaks to support the new Simple Forward Rendering. Players on high settings should not notice much change, but players on Potato will have environmental shadows and more balanced lighting.
- A new Low graphics setting has been added. Players that previously used Potato, and were happy with the framerate, may want to consider switching to Low for improved quality.
- As part of ongoing tuning, the math for Valor gains and losses has been updated to be more in line with expectations. This includes:
- Double or Halved Valor changes can now scale instead of being fixed at 10/60.
- A small number of bonus points can be awarded for players that are winning a lot at the lower ranks.
- Wins and losses are more symmetrical, so you should no longer win 20 points but lose 22 points against the same player.
- Both Low and Potato graphics settings use the new Simple Forward Rendering setting. This should result in improved frame rates and, in some cases, improved visuals.
- The player profile has been moved into the new Profile section. It now resides under the Statistics header.
- The Statistics section has added widgets for your current Valor and faction usage. Note: Faction usage will begin tracking this patch, so all players will have 0 games played initially.
- A search widget has been added to the Statistics section allowing you to look up other player’s stats without knowing their #number.
- Fixed a bug where scrolling in the Barracks could cause cards to be stuck on screen.
- Fixed a bug where you’d get stuck in game if the Valor Update data could not be displayed.
- Fixed a bug where the client would display a premature rank up if your rating would round up to the threshold for that rank.