Patch Notes - Patch 45
Patch notes for Patch 45. Our sincerest apologies for the late post of the patch notes, we will keep updating them from now on!
New Feature: Mana Crystals
We’re excited to add a new experimental gameplay change to the game this week. Players will now be able to collect Mana Crystals during the start of the match, as follows:
- Player 1 will have a Mana Crystal spawn somewhere within their hero’s movement range.
- If a friendly unit ends their movement on this tile, the crystal is consumed and the player receives an additional mana for that turn. Deploying a unit on the tile also consumes it.
- The crystal can be used on Turn 1 or saved for a future turn.
- If an enemy ends their movement on one of your Mana Crystals, it is destroyed!
- Destroying an enemy Mana Crystal denies your opponent of bonus mana, but generates NO mana for you.
- Player 2 receives TWO mana crystals on their first turn, one appearing within movement range of their hero, and a second crystal elsewhere in their deploy zone.
These three mana crystals are the only ones to spawn for the entire game, but have a dramatic impact on mana usage and positioning for the first few turns of the game. We’re looking forward to your feedback!
- Duskblade now has art!
- Build Gizmo (Petra’s Ability)
- Floating Gizmos (Flying) have been removed from the possible pool of Modular Gizmo upgrades.
- No longer draws a card.
- Bless the Meek
- No longer grants +1 Attack to the drawn cards.
- Stellar Replicas
- Now additionally draws a card.
- Osprey Soldier, Osprey Deadeye and Osprey Captain
- These cards may now be deployed to your normal deploy region AND next to your hero.
- Brave Scryer
- Attack increased to 3, up from 2.
- Attack reduced to 2, down from 3.
- Attack reduced to 1, down from 2.
- Efficiency Expert
- Attack reduced to 2, down from 3.
- Health increased to 5, up from 4.
- Rift Trickster
- Ability cost reduced to 1, down from 2.
- Health reduced to 2, down from 3.
- Skywatch Dragoon
- Health reduced to 7, down from 8.
- Venerated Champion
- Stats increased to 6/5, up from 5/4.
- Health reduced to 3, down from 4.
- Cost reduced to 5, down from 6.
- Root now correctly prevents self-initiated movement effects (was true for some characters, not all. Namely Rift Trickster, Narciso, Personal Portal Device). Now has a unique warning message when attempting to use a card or ability blocked by Root.
- Canal now resolves more quickly when Canaling units across longer distances.
Developer’s Note: We are making some tweaks to the formulae used in Ranked play’s Valor calculations. The intention of these changes is to more accurately reflect the relative skill of the two players, while reducing how punishing it is to be matched with players significantly under your skill.
- Valor adjustments are now based on a continuous function rather than having the 2x multiplier. The multiplier functionality has been removed.
- Valor adjustment have been tuned to reduce the spread between the highest and lowest change to approximately 10-40, from approximately 10-60.
- Win streaks have been added if you have won 3 games in a row. Points awarded will vary based on rank, phasing out after Gold rank.
- Added a replacement string for “No Valor Change” instead of “+0 Valor”.
- A number of lights have been updated to use static lighting which will result in a minor performance improvement for users at Medium and High settings.
- Added a new graphics quality setting for Resolution Scaling. This was previously set automatically based on the Quality setting, and is now able to be set manually. Users on older hardware can see very significant framerate improvement by scaling this down, at the expense of visual quality.
- In-match reconnect
- The visual indicator for reconnect will now appear earlier.
- Triggering a reconnect is now more aggressive when you are interacting with the game than when you are idle.
- Telemetry has been added to collect reconnect information. This will be used to tune how aggressively the game will reconnect, with the goal being to balance reconnecting as fast as possible with minimizing disruptions.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck on the “confirm mulligan” screen until the timeout if disconnected right when clicking that button.
- Recipients of a duel request can now see the selected map, turn time and start order.
- The character limit for deck names has been increased to 26, up from 15.
- The card bar item for decklists now has icons for artifact and spell cards.
- Fixed a graphics device crash that occurred on some older video cards when loading into Reaver’s Mire or Embassy Gardens (the Prologue mission level). Specifically, this addressed a crash that occurred while using a Radeon HD 6450.
- Fixed a bug causing a right-click when moused over the ability icon under a unit to commit the action instead of cancelling it when using drag controls.
- Fix for orphaned UI elements and models when transitioning into Profile screen from other screens.
- Fixed some cases of transparency popping in the overworld and Reaver’s Mire.