Patch Notes - Week 29
Another week, another patch! This patch will introduce a number of bug fixes, balance changes and quite a lot of cards moved to storage, which includes the Clone Apprentice. At 11AM PST the servers will go down for maintenance and we can expect the patch to be deployed! This patch will also fix some of the pathing issues with Charm and Dancer and Shade can't select the hero as a target anymore. See below for the full patch notes!
- Juro now has a mark to help distinguish when he’s a Primal (placeholder).
- Fixed a rare bug with the win conditions of the event.
- Sailor Sharpshooter damage increased to 2 from 1.
- Sailor Sharpshooter will now use her ability sooner.
- Sailors can no longer use abilities while stunned or Binder bound or otherwise incapacitated.
- Valentine card text clarified, Holiday Event keyword added.
- Valentine card art updated.
- How Charm chooses its destination has been completely reworked:
- Charmed targets now move according to their specific movement type. Slow units are charmed a short distance, Fast units a long distance, Flying units will now fly towards the charmer.
- Charm should be much more reliable and predictable in all circumstances.
- Added a hit effect when a unit is charmed, even if they are already adjacent to the charming unit.
- Dancer and Shade can no longer target heroes.
- Puppeteer now exiles its primary target.
- Poison is now a post-damage effect, changing a case where Poison attacks could cancel other on-damage effects.
- Warp Specialist’s on-damage effect is now low priority, meaning it will always happen last in an attack.
- Thrall Mutation has been reworded and can now be used by any hero (in support of random deck Twitch events).
- Soul Bounty now exiles itself on death.
- Tomekeeper attack reduced to 2 from 3.
- Halt Space cost reduced to 1 from 2.
- Thrall Mutation cost down to 2 from 3.
- Timebender health increased to 5 from 4.
- Bolter Tech now grants +2 Health to minions in hand, up from +1.
- Skyborne Crusader health reduced to 4 from 5.
- Summon Blades now summons two blades, down from three.
- The Windfury, Lifelink, and Reserve keywords have been removed and replaced with plain text descriptions (not enough instances of these keywords to warrant a keyword)
- Horrify has been renamed to Fear.
Be sure to check out this thread all about our card removal.
- Healing Squall
- Slag Bomb
- Clone Apprentice
- Shifting Visage
- Frontline Charger
- Mind Hacker
- Mind Lasher
- Pathbound Redeemer
- Warded Rider
- Death Emperor
- Failed Experiment
- Soul Demon
- Repo Exosuit
- Back to the Drawing Board
- Convert the Weak
- Heaven’s Light
- Summon Guardians
- Temporal Striker
- Apprentice Trainer
- Howler Primal
- Pack Supremacist
- Savage Link
- Call of the Wild
- Primal Ruse
- Roar: Immobilize
- Roar: Speed
- The power reward for common pylons has been increased significantly (by over 50%).
- The chance of a common pylon spawning has been reduced.
- The chance of a rare pylon spawning has been increased.
- The chance of an epic pylon spawning has been decreased slightly.
- The chance of a legendary pylon spawning has been increased slightly.
- The bonus power multiplier applied when playing with additional people on the Shard has been increased significantly, so that Shards should complete more quickly when playing with more people.
Specific Pylon Changes
- “The Good, The Bad, and The Spooky” which rewards Charming, Fearing, or Stunning minions has been made a rare (blue) pylon, up from common (green).
- “Blast Zone” which rewards killing multiple enemies with one spell has had the amount of minions required reduced to 3, down from 4, and has been moved to epic (purple), down from legendary (orange).
- “Arcanum’s Finest” which requires dealing damage with spells has been retuned around an average of 15 spell damage being dealt per game, up from 3.
- “Heavy Weapons” which requires winning with an army that has an average mana cost of 4 or more has had its rarity (and subsequently its power rewards) increased to legendary, up from rare.
- “Blame The Deck” which randomly generates armies for both the streamer and viewer has had its generation algorithm adjusted to provide more lower cost cards.
- Twitch events are now spawned with a specific streamer owner. Only the owner can participate on that node as the streamer, and anyone else may participate as a viewer. This means that you may now play with the Twitch events on your own Shardfall with members of your own house.
- Twitch event spawning has been changed to have a maximum of 1 node per streamer owner, up to a maximum of 5 nodes for a Shardfall at one time.
- Bot decks have been adjusted slightly for removed cards.
- Fixed a rare error when Mori bot attempts to use her ability.
- Re-skinned for the Kickstarter campaign
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the patcher to stop accepting input and hang until forcibly restarted by Task Manager. Special thanks @CCalmify for providing details about this bug that helped us hone in on the problem.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to generate full crash dumps instead of mini dumps.
- Fixed a couple of visual inconsistencies with ‘Accept Friend Request’ and ‘Accept House Invite’ in the social panel.
- Online friends are now sorted to the top of the friends list.
- Silently reconnecting to the platform server while in the Overworld menu is now more reliable and will properly update any Shardfall changes that occurred during the disconnect.
- Deleting a deck from the collection now prompts you with a confirmation dialog.
- When drawing multiple cards simultaneously the UI will now draw them in sequence instead of all cards beyond the first instantly moving to the hand.
- The amount of time before the camera returns to the Airship after dragging around on a Shard has been increased to 15 seconds, up from 3.
- The error message displayed when login is disabled has been updated to be appropriate for 24/7 service.
- We have removed the survey prompt when logging out of the game. Instead, we will display an extremely quick question to players about once a week.
- Fixed a hang when Juro would use another hero’s spells.
- Fixed a rare bug where some units would appear invisible until moved.
- Certain hero-affecting minion passives (Weave Eater, Reserve effects) will no longer incorrectly change teams when ANY minion changes teams.
- Damage Redirect effects (Hadrien and Flesh Pile) now redirect damage from its source, rather than the defendee - this allows On-Damage effects from the attacker to propagate down to the redirector and fixes a few errors.
- Lightspear Justicar will no longer stay stuck in proc animation after attacking
- Call of the Wild’s tile tooltip no longer contains formatting tags.
- Precognition now actually looks at the top 3 cards of your deck, instead of the bottom 3
- You can no longer cast Precognition if your deck is empty.
- Windfury effects can no longer be refreshed from another source to allow for more attacks.
- Pain Beast will no longer plays its proc animation if the hero is targeted for damage but won’t actually take any.
- Undying Servant now correctly die if dying while stunned, instead of sticking around with less than 0 health.
- Insight will now correctly draw multiple cards if you used multiple times in a turn.
- Fixed a bug where Otter Primal’s ability was using the summoning arrow instead of the movement arrow.
- Slowed flying units respect the reduced movement for threat range and “can attack” indicators.
- The Master Caster quest now actually awards progress, which makes it a much better quest.
- Blightspore Seedling tile visual effects are now more performant.
- Fixed a server error that would occur when a buffed unit was killed by redirected damage.
- Fix for notifications getting stuck on screen if they appeared at the right time during a level transition.
- Fix for normal notifications having the Twitch logo if spawned after a Twitch notification.
- Fix bug that could cause the “Top Contributor” for a quest to display incorrectly.
- Fix bug that prevented the simple premade decks from being used to complete quest objectives that include deck criteria.
- Fixed a bug where the out of line of sight beam could persist for all time when the unit you were viewing it on died unexpectedly.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the mulligan UI to animate multiple times in succession if a silent reconnect happens while loading into a game.
- The FPS counter will now correctly appear at startup if it is enabled in the options panel.
- Saving a deck while it is invalid (incorrect number of cards, etc) will now revert your active deck to the last valid deck instead of a random one.
- Some of the clouds in the overworld were causing performance issues and have been removed until they decide to behave better.