Patch Notes - Week 37
Welcome to the patch that will kick off changes to the Packrunner faction! The patch will replace two yellow cards with other cards and will see some changes to a couple of cards, of which Thundering Giant and Stonecall Seedling will be one of the most notable nerfs! Furthermore we will see a unit with new art, which will be the Quartermaster! One of the most asked for fixes has been being able to spectate the actual person you clicked spectate on. That will be fixed this patch! And last but not least, more API additions. Which we will be doing quite a bit with soon, stay tuned for new features here on Shardbound Unleashed!
- Quartermaster now has art!
Developer Note: This week will be the first of a few that see changes to Packrunner (Yellow) cards. Our goal with these changes are to help differentiate playstyles of Yellow from other factions and from themselves, as well as increase Yellow’s effectiveness across the board. Expect that multiple cards per week will be tuned, reworked or simply replaced before these changes are complete. As with all aspects of Shardbound, feedback on these changes is very useful to the process.
- Idol of Reckoning has been reworked into a new card: Idol of Kinship
- Yellow 0/4 Artifact minion for 2.
- After you summon a non-Primal minion, lose 1 health and summon a Spirit Primal next to it.
- Beloved Trainer has been replaced by Rites Reader
- Yellow 3/3 Melee minion for 2.
- Warcry: Draw a card for each injured enemy.
- Tribe Warrior has been reworked.
- Yellow 3/6 Melee minion for 3.
- After you summon a minion, deal 1 damage to a random adjacent enemy.
- Ancient Caller has been reworked.
- Yellow 2/2 Melee minion for 3.
- Deathhowl: Summon 2 Spirit Primals next to this minion.
- To Me! has been reworked.
- Yellow Spell for 2.
- Charm all friendly minions.
- Thundering Giant has been reworked.
- Neutral Legendary 6/9 Melee minion for 7.
- Warcry: Destroy all enemy minions within 2 tiles that cost 2 or less.
- Stonecall Seedling’s Angry Stones are now Uncontrollable.
- Swift Strike cost increased to 3 from 2. Spirit Primals summoned increased to 2 from 1.
- Pack Lord health increased to 5 from 4.
- Menagerie cost reduced to 6 from 7.
- Wolf Primal cost increased to 2 from 1. Stats increased to 4/3 from 3/2.
- Shade Health reduced to 3 from 4.
- Dancer Attack reduced to 3 from 4.
- Dark Traveler will now display its gained stats as base stats (white values) instead of buffed stats (green values) to better communicate its gameplay.
- The default graphics quality level no longer defaults to “High” for all players. New players with lower-end graphics cards should now have it set to a more appropriate lower setting by default.
- You will now always spectate games from the perspective of the player you are spectating, instead of always spectating the player who went first in the game.
Developer Note: We are continuing work improving performance on lower end machines, and are particularly interested in crashes due to graphics drivers hanging. The changes below may help alleviate these crashes, so we would love to hear how the patch affects you.
- GPU performance for Embassy Gardens, where the Prologue takes place, has been improved by ~25% on low end graphics hardware.
- GPU performance for Broken Mesa, has been improved by ~10% on low end graphics hardware.
- Loading into levels is now significantly less hitchy.
- Server status notifications can now be pushed to the client and will show up as a ticker in the upper right of the client. This will be used to provide updates during the patching process.
- Third party API now supports Steam login.
- Fixed a bug with Lifespark’s tooltip when used on Lifelike Statue.
- Fixed a bug with Fear where non-adjacent fears were slightly undervalued (resulted in occasional 1 tile fears where a longer fear would be expected).
- Fixed a bug where Skywatch Dragoon would not destroy a Skyborne Crusader under rare circumstances.
- Units with 0 or less health can no longer be healed (prevents zombie-Sabine).
- Fix for Stormbell Adept’s death sound playing when the game is muted.
- Fixed a bug where Warcrys would not play the full animation in the Card Details screen.
- Fixed a bug where Flyers would move 1 tile too far in some cases when Charmed.
- Shutting off the servers for maintenance will now log all players out, so certain hooligans should not be able to keep their client connected for the duration.
- Fixed a bug that could cause corrupted tile and rock geometry on Broken Mesa on low end graphics hardware.